Are you wondering how to prepare for SAP HANA Certification? And what type of SAP HANA certification to take, then we are here to help you out.
In this article we are going to talk about what are the different types of SAP HANA certifications available and what are the books/materials you need to read for it.
SAP HANA as a platform can be categorized into three major areas for a person to work on, namely:
- Administrator: An administrator is responsible for SAP HANA Database Installation & Configuration, Database Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup & Restore and User Management.
- Modeler: A modeler should have idea about different data provisioning techniques available to bring data from different sources to SAP HANA, build information models (modeling objects) based on business requirements, Performance tuning, Data Security, Different Reporting tools that can connect to SAP HANA and much more.
- Application Developer: An application developer will be working on programming languages like Java Script, JQuery, HTML and other languages to build web applications that runs on SAP HANA Database platform.
You can write certification by booking slot in www.training.sap.com. There are certain pre-requisites to take SAP HANA Certification:
- You should have taken SAP HANA training from either SAP or their certified vendors.
- You should submit a letter from your company stating you have min 6 month work experience on SAP HANA.
SAP HANA Certification differs depending on the area you are preparing. Still not decided on what to learn in SAP HANA, please go through the article ‘What can I learn in SAP HANA’ to know which area suits better based on your background.
- For this certification, majorly you need to go through three books, they are:
- This is the mostly taken certification which tests your knowledge on HANA Introduction, Modeling, Data Provisioning, Reporting, Security and Advanced Analytics.
- C_HANAIMP151: SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP HANA
- In the above link, we can see some of the sample certification questions and weightage of each category in exam.
- For this certification, you need go through 5 books, they are:
- Application Developer:
- As of now (2/2/2016), there is no certification from SAP for this area. Below is the only classroom course provided by SAP for Application Developers.
- HA450: Application Development for SAP HANA
- SAP BW on HANA:
- Apart from the above areas SAP also has certification for people working on SAP BW on HANA.
- You need to go through the below book to prepare for this certification
- Additional Documents for SAP HANA:
- You can always find more information about SAP HANA in SAP Help website:
- SAP HANA Documentation
As a team from www.sapstudent.com, we have put together an excellent video based learning course for Modelers in SAP HANA. This course covers all the topics from HA100, HA300, HA360, HA150 and HA350 along real-time examples and quiz’s which will be very helpful to take certification.
Please go through the below url for more details: