Analysis Office Edition for OLAP:
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis edition for OLAP (formerly Voyager) is an online analytical processing (OLAP) tool for working with multi-dimensional data.
- It provides access to a range of OLAP data sources, and can also combine information from different OLAP data sources within a single workspace.
- Analysis office for OLAP tool connects to SAP HANA using BICS connection and SQLDBC as interaction language.
Crystal Reports 2011/2013:
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011/2013 is a Windows-based report design tool used to create powerful reports with crystal clean pixel quality and format that can be published in the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform.
- Crystal Reports 2011/2013 can be directly connected to SAP HANA system using either JDBC or ODBC and uses SQL as interaction language.
- SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio enables application designers to create analysis applications and dashboards – based on SAP NetWeaver BW, SAP HANA and universe data sources – for browsers and mobile devices (iPads, for example).
- It is the product of choice when full support for SAP NetWeaver BW and SAP HANA data models and engine capabilities is required.
- The product offers a design tool that allows you to create applications easily and intuitively without the need for native HTML and iPad UI programming skills.
- Design Studio can be directly connected to SAP HANA using BICS connection and SQLDBC language.
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer is an information-discovery tool that empowers everyone in an organization with fast, easy access to information, so they can explore data, spark new ideas, and find new insights.
- Explorer connects to SAP HANA directly using JDBC driver and SQL interaction language.
Web Intelligence (Desktop):
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence is an ad-hoc reporting tool for business users with access to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform.
- It allows business users to access and combine data from relational, online analytical processing (OLAP), spreadsheet, or text file sources, using familiar business terms in a drag-and-drop interface.
- Workflows allow very broad or very narrow questions to be answered, and for further questions to be asked at any point in the workflow.
- Web-intelligence cannot directly connect to SAP HANA as of now and needs universe to available on top of SAP HANA model. Universes are created using Information Design Tool (IDT)
- It’s predicted that in the coming versions of SAP BOBI, we might be able to connect web intelligence to SAP HANA directly.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (formerly Xcelsius) is a tool for data visualization and the creation of dynamic, interactive and flashy dashboards.
- Data can be updated dynamically from the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform, and exported to a variety of different formats that can be viewed by data consumers in standard formats, such as PowerPoint, PDF, or Flash.
- Dashboards cannot be directly connected to SAP HANA as of now and needs a universe on top of SAP HANA model. Universes are created using Information Design Tool (IDT)
- SAP Lumira is a self-service solution that allows analysts and decision makers to access, transform, and visualize data.
- SAP Lumira can be connected to HANA using BICS connection and SQLDBC as interaction language.
With this we have seen different reporting tools and their connectivity options available on top of SAP HANA and how they will be interacted with the system. In the upcoming articles let’s look at each one of these reporting tools in details and how to create reports using them.
Thanks for reading and hope this information is helpful. Please do share with your friends if you feel the information is useful.